Seams are bursting this week in Seattle.
Catching up on Seattle burlesque news…where to begin? This week’s happenings run from resplendent to repugnant and all points in between…
– Jamie Von Stratton (designer extraordinaire and member of The Atomic Bombshells) was featured this week on Perez Hilton’s fashion blog: CLICK HERE for her video and a peek at some of Jamie’s amazing Bombshell costumes from shows past and present.
– Are you a hot to trot performer with a uniquely titillating masterpiece? Now is your chance to deliver. SEAF (aka Seattle Erotic Arts Festival) is accepting erotic performance applications HERE through March 1, 2011.
– THAT’S F*CKED UP! returns for a rematch this week at Rebar, brought to you by the provocative duo Randi Rascal and Heidi Von Haught. The title? THAT’S F*CKED UP! 2! The second installment features some returning performers plus the added depravity of Queen Shmooquan, Ben De La Crème, Jesse Belle-Jones, and more. TFU2 runs February 24 & 25 at Rebar—“the only venue unscrupulous enough to host such an orgy of grotesquerie!” (says the press release). Get tix HERE.
– Burlesque To Broadway runs February 23-25 at The Triple Door. The Seattle burlesque community is invited to see the show for 1/2 off: use the code word GYPSY to purchase tickets with the limited discount. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. About the show:
Burlesque to Broadway star Quinn Lemley and her intoxicating 10-piece big band bring the audience into the world of Minsky’s Burlesque Theatre, The Ziegfeld Follies, Broadway and classic television in this fast paced theatrical concert. Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winning director Joe Hardy takes you on sequined ride through the music of Burlesque, Broadway, and beyond. The Village Voice calls Quinn Lemley “drop dead gorgeous with crystalline intonation.” Quinn and her girls dance and sing hits such as “Hey Big Spender”, “Ten Cents a Dance”, “Let Me Entertain You”, “My Man”, “My Heart Belongs to Daddy” and many others. Online tix can be found HERE.
– Last but not least: celebrated erotic artist Olivia has painted ladies from Bettie Page to Courtney Love to burlesque icon Dita Von Teese. The artist has released some ultra-sexy Limited Edition Giclee Prints of Dita Von Teese- sold directly from Olivia’s website- with a special exclusive 10% discount code for Dita fans. Enter the code “Dita1” at checkout to get 10% off the prints. Olivia’s website is HERE.